1. It’s all in the detail – please check names are spelt correctly, product type matches your requirements i.e. HMO product is selected where the property is HMO etc.
2. Fees– please pay these promptly via the link from the broker portal to commence the application.
3. Something to say? – just add a broker portal note to alert us to respond.
4. Updates – your underwriter will own the case from application through to receipt of the Certificate of Title (COT) and will call you to discuss what they need to progress once they have assessed the mortgage application.
- As each case is individually assessed, they will add specific items for you to upload to the checklist.
- The underwriter can assess the whole case if it all arrives at the same time.
- Please upload the correct document against the appropriate checklist description to flag us to action it.
5. Get it right the first time – check out these checklists in our Document Library.
How to complete this important document right first time.
iii. Direct Debit Mandate
This must be in the same name as the applicant and submitted PRIOR to offer.
6. For portfolio landlord cases – please complete our excel template for portfolios, especially whether the property is an HMO.
7. Electronic signatures – we do NOT accept these on any documents.
8. Smooth valuation – please refer to our broker hub for the latest protocols for safe surveys.
9. Offer stage – a copy of the offer is available to you when this has been approved.
- The acting solicitor is emailed their version with their instructions.
- The applicant is then sent their offer pack in the post to sign and date the offer of acceptance alongside the current COVID declaration.
- Please satisfy any offer conditions in plenty of time prior to completion.
- Please liaise with the solicitors to ensure that the offer does not expire before completion.
10. Drawing down/COT – we require 5 working days’ notice from the solicitors.
And finally, check out our turnaround times on the website here to know when you can expect the underwriter to update your case on the broker portal. We are here to help! So please don’t hesitate to contact our Broker Desk team on 0344 770 8032.