Email platforms and why not just send Outlook emails?
The internet is overflowing with great email marketing systems, many of which have free options. What’s the benefit of using an email marketing system? It’s that you can track who opens the email, and who clicks through to your website. You can also use free templates to visually convey your selling points.
What systems can I use for free?
To save you some of the hassle of scouring the web yourself, we put together a small list below of three of the main email marketing systems available right now, with free options available .
MailChimp – mailchimp.com
SendinBlue – sendinblue.com
Constant Contact – www.constantcontact.com
3 design tips for when you’re creating emails
- Keep it simple, don’t overcrowd your email with too many different colours (use your brand colours), fonts or font sizes
- Keep images to a minimum; having too many images can slow down how long it takes for the email to load when your client opens it. Some of your clients may not even be able to load images in emails
- Regularly look for design inspiration for your emails. If you’ve been sent an email that really caught your attention, save it away in a folder for you to look back on when you need a bit of inspiration
3 tips for when you’re writing emails
- Keep it short, people switch off when greeted by paragraph after paragraph
- The subject line is the most important factor in getting your clients to open your email. Spend most of your time on it
- Always proofread your emails before you send them. This will spare you from any embarrassing typos or sharing any links that don’t work – better for reputation!